Just incase you did not have enough turkey yesterday here are some fun facts for your Black Friday enjoyment.
- Your tax dollars at work: The first turkeys to earn a trip to Disney World were named May and Flower. After being pardoned by President George W. Bush, they were flown to Florida to serve as honorary grand marshals in the Disney World Thanksgiving parade.
- The first cat balloon to appear in the Macy’s Thanksgiving parade was Felix the cat. (Sorry Garfield)
- File this under things you didn’t need to know: Black Friday isn’t just for shopping. It’s also the busiest day for Roto-Rooter.
- The first Thanksgiving football game was in 1876. It was not televised.
- Buckles didn’t appear on pilgrim hats until the nineteenth century.
- Don’t ever accuse a female turkey of gobbling. Only males gobble. Females cackle.
- What? No green bean casserole? Not only were pilgrims deprived of this Campbell soup standard, they also missed out on turkey and cranberries. Bummer.
- This should go over big: Tired of guests texting during Thanksgiving dinner? A cell lock-up might be the answer. It’s a “jail” for phones and can be purchased on line.
What does a turkey eat on Thanksgiving? Nothing. It’s already stuffed.