Since publishing my summer reading suggestion list I have been ask several times for my own summer list. The first time I was asked this question I was stumped because that person asked me for just 5 books I wanted to read this summer. Only 5!?! Who only reads 5 books in 3 months.
After much thought I did come up with 5 different books. This might even give you a good idea of what my reading patterns are like. This list is in no particular order. I am not picking any book over another as better, I usually pick which one I read next by what I feel like reading. So I could read one of these this week or in August, but here you go.
- Before We Were Yours – Lisa Wingate – Since reading The Story Keeper Lisa has become one of those authors I am always on the lookout for. It is 1939 and something dark is happening at the Tennessee Children’s Home. Based on real life happenings.
- Beren and Luthien – J.R.R. Tolkien/Christopher Tolkien – The first book Tolkien wrote after arriving back home after WWI. It is a love story that started Middle Earth. Based on he and his wife’s story.
- The Writing Desk – Rachel Hauck – Rachel’s books are rich in characters that are easy to fall in love with. Her stories are ones that make me late for work if I start reading them in the morning.
- Every Deadly Kiss – Steven James – I have absolutely loved the Patrick Bowers series right from page one. Patrick (Steven) has kept me awake at night more times than I care to count. I can hardly wait for the next one to release.
- Jane of Austin – Hillary Manton Lodge – Hillary writes book that are a wonderful blend of issues and humor. One minute you are laughing and then crying. Her books are a great way to spend a day.
I know none were on the list I gave out, but these are just releasing or releasing later this Summer. Feel free to add them to your list. Of course they will make a different list sometime soon.